Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Happy 4th of July

We headed out to California thursday night. Luke decided to go a new way and some of you know that I do not do well with changes in my traveling routes. I did okay and only because he was driving the whole way. He ended up not liking the new route and I actually didn't mind it as much once we got to my parent's. We arrived in Apple Valley around 2:30am. The next day I helped my Dad prepare the back yard for the BBQ. It was good quality time washing the tables off. Luke helped my mom in the kitchen and had some good quality time with my mom and Lisa (my sister). We had a our BBQ then went to the open Desert and watched three firework shows. The grand finale was a big hit with Lukie. Holy Crap! is what he said and then was in awww. Kai kept oooooing and awwwinng. after the show we went back to my parent's house and relaxed in the newly renovated backyard. My Dad has made his backyard into a Japanese Garden that is an absolutel oasis! Our final entertainment of the night was the zapping of the bugs in his zapper and the neighbors setting off some fireworks. It was nice and cool there. Unfortunately, we didn't take any pictures.

No comments: