Monday, March 16, 2009

The Evans Family was busy this weekend!

Saturday morning we got up, went to Home Depot and bought everything we needed for planting grass in the front yard and pavers for the driveway we were going to install. We rented a tiller for our front yard to loosen up the soil, bought some cow poopies for fertilizing, and the grass seed. Let me tell you, the neighbors love us! We laid six bags of that stuff! After we planted the grass seed, we decided to not do the driveway and return all the equipment and pavers. We then bought about 80 plants or so. Not even kidding! We came back to the house and we planted them. Let me tell you, Luke and I were already sore from the previous day, but now....I am thankful I am off tomorrow due to Luke having Spring Break. Luke and I hurt in places we didn't know we had that could hurt! It was hard work and the beauty of the yard is worth it especially when the grass grows in. Did you notice the RV gate? We put that in a few weeks ago. I will be stuccoing it next weekend to finish up the touches. Luke and Dustin tore down the block wall and installed the frame then Luke and I put the wood panels on and then parked the boat behind the fence! So convenient not having to drive all the way to the storage place then bringing it back to the house. Now Luke can work on it whenever he wants.
Luke being a smarty copying his father

1 comment:

Sheila said...

WOW that's a lot of work!!! it's snowing today!!!!! so I can't even think about planting anything...not that I want to lol! I bet the hard work will pay off when the grass starts to peek through..Your boys are ADOREABLE and I love their names.
-Sheila