Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Happy New Year!

It's the year of the Rabbit and it's my year! I am hoping 2011 is filled with lots of love, cheer, good memories with family and friends. There's lots of new things in our life right now.
Big Luke is really getting into fishing and has competed successfully in a handful of professional bass tournaments with his fishing buddy Mark. They have one coming up here soon and I wish them luck. Bring home the bass and some money!
Lil Luke is in 2nd grade just received his report card and he received straight A's. He is surpassing all the norms in school achieving all his goals. His teacher has placed him in an advanced writing group with other peers who are performing above average as well. He is enjoying reading and math in fact, he is reading at a 3rd grade level and he is suppose to be in 1st grade. Can I say I am proud of him. He is such a smart and awesome kid!
Kai is in Kindergarten and he received a honor roll certificate. We are so proud of him. His writing skills and reading skills are growing each day. It's incredible how kai went into Kindergarten as a young 4 yr old and how much he has grown in the past few months. He is just loving school and he has a girlfriend named Rylie. They write each other cute notes.
We have an addition to our family, well not really an addition to our family as she has always been family, but an addition to our household.....Charisma Angelique Serrano. She is our cousin and she has moved in with us. It's been an adjustment for all parties involved and we are really all just loving family time. Charisma is 18yrs old and just signed up full time for college. She recently met a boy on her first day of class and they went on their first date on Saturday and have decided to be boyfriend/girlfriend. Anthony seems to be a very nice boy. He is going to the same school as Charisma and in the same major...Music Composition/Performance. He plays the Violin as well and from what I hear is brilliant. We are happy to have Charisma as a part of our household!
Luke and I are about to celebrate our 16th year since we met and went on our first date. I can't believe it's been this long seems like yesterday. I still remember our first Valentines Day together and how romantic it was...nice picnic up in Paradise, CA. Luke really went out of his way to make it a special day for us.
News....News....News....----On our 12th Anniversary vacation to Belize this past Thanksgiving, Luke and I both finally agreed it is time to have one more baby and yes we are crossing our fingers for a girl, but of course we would feel blessed just to have one more baby since we already feel blessed for the babies we've already had together. Needless to say, this was my #1 New Years Resolution. I know it seems silly to some but Ive been wanting have another baby for 4 years now and I am just extremely happy my best friend and love of my life has happily agreed to create another Evans with me!! #2 Resolution was to be healthier and exercise more (this one makes the list every year) #3 Get a White Suburban #4 To go on another vacation somewhere far away with my family again this year.
We hope that each and everyone of you have a fantastic New Years and may all of your resolutions be fulfilled because I truly believe if you can dream it, you can make it happen!!
Happy New Year!!

No comments: